Wednesday, May 25, 2011

The Death That Creates Life


When we stop acting like children and act like adults in Christ, we see how we can bear fruit for God.

We know we have to change every day, because human nature is sinful, and only with the Holy Spirit inside us, every day we can die to this world so that the Lord can live in us. And he lives in us when we are persecuted, but not defeated, when we know we are right but remain silent, when we are wronged but wait for the justice of God. We stop thinking about the things of this earthly world to elevate ourselves to the spiritual world.

Actually, it's not easy living in this world and being spiritual, but it becomes possible when we seek to live in Spirit and we are not only hearers but doers of the word of God, and so gradually, we conquer all that God has promised in our lives, and if we want victory, we must die to our will, desire and thoughts every day so that the Lord Jesus can live in us. Thus, spreading true love to this world, leading people to eternal lives and creating life, through the daily death of our flesh.

“When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me. For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
(1 Corinthians 13:11-13)

No comments:

Post a Comment

THANKS FOR YOU COMMENT