Saturday, February 26, 2011

A TRUE FRIEND


My friend has not returned from the battlefield, Sir. I request permission to go look for him", said a soldier to his lieutenant.
"Request denied", replied the officer, "I don't want you to risk your life for a man who's probably dead".
Ignoring his command, the soldier left and returned about an hour later, mortally wounded, carrying the corpse of his friend. The officer was furious: "Didn't I tell you he would be dead! Was it worth it to go there just to bring back a corpse?"
And the dying soldier replied:
"Yes, sir! When I found him, he was still alive and was able to tell me: I was sure you would come for me!"
'A FRIEND IS SOMEONE WHO ARRIVES WHEN EVERYONE ELSE HAS GONE'

2 comments:

  1. sometimes you just own everything to a friendship. and it's in the little details that make a huge impact ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this story because it gave a clear example of what a true friend really, which nowadays is hard to find.

    ReplyDelete

THANKS FOR YOU COMMENT